Can Kara achieve her dream? Can Richie help?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chapter 49

Richie rolled over. Laying flat on his back the sun warmed him, the ocean breeze caressed his skin and he could just make out a soft voice singing close by. He smiled as he realized it was Kara that was singing. Her soft voice called to him and he reached out to her. He moaned lightly as his fingers moved over her soft warm skin. When he opened his eyes he realized his fingers weren’t stroking over Kara, they were stroking his own over-eager dick. Fuck. He was too far gone to stop and he let himself fall back into the fantasy, picturing Kara in a barely there bikini, imagining it was her hand stroking him and her name rolled off his tongue as the warmth spilled over his hand.

Disgusted, he got up and headed to the shower. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t ever done this before. He shook his head as he shampooed his hair,
it’s only been a week and a half! What am I going to do when we go to Europe for six weeks? He sighed and rinsed the lather from his hair and body; he hadn’t missed anyone like this in so long. Other than Ava, he hadn’t really had anyone to miss in a long time.

Giving his hair and body a cursory rub with the towel and wrapping it around his waist, he brushed his teeth before padding to the table in his room and turning on his computer. Maybe Kara was online and they could chat. That might help.

He logged on and opened his Messenger program and was glad to see that she was on as well.

bluesguyatheart: hey princess.
bluesguyatheart: how are you today?

Kara had been pouring a glass of juice when she heard the ping. Coughing she hurried back to the computer.

karad: hi Richie!
karad: I’m all right.
karad: how about you?

bluesguyatheart: I’m okay. I miss you tho.
bluesguyatheart: I had a hot dream about you.

karad: I miss you too.
karad: You dreamt of me?

bluesguyatheart: You’re never far from my thoughts princess,
bluesguyatheart: even when I’m asleep apparently.

Kara was coughing and didn’t answer right back.

bluesguyatheart: princess, are you still there?

karad: yeah, just had a coughing fit.

bluesguyatheart: are you okay?
bluesguyatheart: are you sick?

Kara sneezed and blew her nose.

karad: that’s one word for it I guess.
karad: I think I’d rather be dead right about now tho.

She’d managed to catch the cold/flu that was going around the school. She’d woken up this morning feeling like death warmed over and her head so heavy and full that even with the cold meds and aspirin, she still wanted to crawl in a hole somewhere.

bluesguyatheart: I’m sorry princess.
bluesguyatheart: chicken soup. Ma always says chicken soup for a cold.

Kara couldn’t help the smile.

karad: it’s a little early for that yet.
karad: I’m drinking my OJ right now.

bluesguyatheart: that’s good. Tea too princess.
bluesguyatheart: how’s your throat?

Kara picked up her laptop and snuggled down into their chair.

karad: it’s a little sore from all the coughing.
karad: I hope this doesn’t last long.

bluesguyatheart: me too.

karad: God I hate being sick.

Richie smiled.

bluesguyatheart: me too. Glad it doesn’t happen often.

karad: I’m sorry Rich, but I’m gonna go back to bed.

bluesguyatheart: that’s okay princess.
bluesguyatheart: the guys’ll be here soon anyway.

karad: love you

bluesguyatheart: love you too. feel better.

Richie shut his computer down and reached for the bag to put it away. A flash of something red and shiny caught his attention. Reaching into the pocket he pulled out a flat package wrapped in red paper. The little card indicated it was from Kara. How did I miss this?

R -

I didn’t have time to go out and buy you anything for Valentine’s Day but I wanted to give you something. I hope you enjoy it.

Love,

K

He tore the paper off and found a CD that Kara had apparently made for him herself. Her handwriting in black sharpie wound its way around the CD. So you can hear me anytime you want.
Happy Valentine’s Day!

Richie booted up his computer again and slid the CD in. There was video from the other night at the school, the four songs she had previously recorded and two new ones that he hadn’t heard her sing before. Selecting the last one, he found some clothes and got dressed as he listened.

At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

At last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I have looked at you

I found a dream, that I could speak to
A dream that I, can call my own
I found a thrill, to press my cheek to
A thrill that I, have never known

You smiled, you smiled
And then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine at last

I found a dream
That I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill, to press my cheek to
A thrill that I, have never known

You smiled you smiled
And then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last
At last
At last

No comments:

Post a Comment