Can Kara achieve her dream? Can Richie help?

Monday, August 3, 2009

Chapter 21

The first strains of daylight were creeping in as they collapsed back in a sated heap on the pillows. “Oh… my… God…” Kara looked over at Richie, “how did we not kill each other?”

He laughed and pulled her close, “I have no idea but we gave it a damn good try though.”

Kara pulled the blankets up over them and rested her head on his chest. “You said you were leaving at the end of the week, where are you going?” Her hand was toying with the light smattering of hair on his chest and his came up to cover hers.

“Japan and Australia. We get back on the 27th.”

She turned her head to kiss his chest lightly, “then where?” He moved and as Kara lay back on the pillow he propped himself up on his elbow so he could look at her.

“We have a two week break before we start the dates here in the states. Why, did you want to come see a show?”

Kara shook her head, “no, I just wondered when I might see you again.”

He leaned in, kissing her gently, “I will make the time to see you.” He watched as her eyes widened in surprise. “What” he asked, “you didn’t think I was going to just let you go back to Jersey and not see you again did you?”

She shrugged, “I know you said you wanted to get to know me, but I really wasn’t sure what was going to happen.”

He sighed, “what do you want to happen princess?”

She reached up and stroked his cheek, silently praying she was about to say the right thing “I want to see you again Richie,” she paused, “whenever that might be.”

He turned his head and kissed her palm before lying down and pulling her on top of him. “What time’s your flight?”

She glanced at the clock, “not til one.”

He ran his hands down her back and cupped her ass, “Good. I think I’ve got one more round in me.”

Kara groaned as his fingers slid into her, “you really are trying to kill me aren’t you?”

When Kara opened her eyes again the sun was bright in the room. Glancing over at the clock she breathed a sigh of relief. She still had a couple of hours before her flight. She rose hesitantly, not wanting to wake him. Standing in the shower she closed her eyes and everything they had talked about the night before came flooding back. She had a lot of thinking to do and some serious decisions to make.

Walking back into the bedroom to find some clothes she looked over at the bed, Richie was still asleep. Pulling on jeans and a t-shirt, she braided her hair back and was picking up last night’s clothes when he finally stirred. “You’re dressed already.” It was more statement than question.

She looked over at him, “I have to leave soon.”

He rubbed his eyes, “what time is it?”

She tossed her shoes in her bag, “just about 11.”

He watched as she packed up her things, “I’ll take you to the airport.”

She shook out her dress, it was now hopelessly wrinkled from spending the night on the floor, and put it in her bag, “you don’t have to do that; I can call a cab.”

He sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, looking for his pants, “I know I don’t have to princess,” he stood and pulled on his pants, “I want to.” He walked towards the bathroom stopping to kiss her cheek, “just give me a minute.”

Kara was all ready to go when Richie came back. He found his shirt and shoes and they headed downstairs. It was eerily quiet. “I wonder where Jack and Lucy are.” Kara walked toward the back of the house, grimacing at the mess in the kitchen. She turned toward the living room; Jack and Lucy were sprawled on the couch, having passed out there the night before. Everyone else it seemed had gone home.

She nudged Jack, “hey.” Nothing. She tried again, “Jack.”

Richie stood in the doorway watching, trying not to laugh. Kara leaned down and spoke loudly in her brother’s ear “JACK!”

He jolted and sat up, “what, what is it?” He grabbed his head, “oh God.” Kara just shook her head, her brother would never learn.

“I’m leaving big brother. Thanks for having me.”

He nodded his head, “sorry I’m not able to take you to the airport sis, did you call a cab?”

She looked over at Richie and then back at her brother, “no, I have a ride.” She leaned in and kissed Jack’s forehead, “its okay, I’ll call you later. Tell Lucy I said goodbye.”

Jack looked at his wife who was still out cold, “I will. Have a safe trip home.” He looked past Kara to the man in the doorway, “thanks for taking her Richie. I appreciate it.”

Richie came over and shook the man’s hand, “no problem man, it was nice to meet you and Lucy. I’m sure we’ll see each other again.”

The ride to the airport was quiet, both were tired and neither wanted to say goodbye. When Richie pulled up to drop her off he leaned across the seat, “Call me when you get home?”

She nodded her head, “I will.”

With a finger under her chin he lifted her face to his, “hey, I’ll see you again princess. I’ll call you while I’m gone too, okay?” She nodded her head and their lips met in a bittersweet kiss. A horn sounded behind them. Kara pulled back.

“Okay, I should go.”

She got out and reached into the backseat for her bag. Before she shut the door she poked her head back in the car, ignoring the blaring horns of the cars behind him. “I almost forgot, here.” She put something soft and silky in his hand.

He looked down at his hand and then back up at her and laughed, “what am I supposed to do with this?”

She smiled, “whatever you want Rich. I just didn’t want you to forget that you owe me new ones.” She shut the door and left him holding her ripped panties, smiling and shaking his head at her retreating form.

Richie stopped in the kitchen for a cup of coffee before heading upstairs to take a shower. He was going to see Ava today and hoped she was well enough for him to take her out. He sipped the hot brew as he made his way upstairs to his room. Setting the coffee mug down on the night table he pulled his shirt off and dropped it in the hamper.

Sliding his hand into his pocket he encountered Kara's parting gift to him. He smiled as he pulled the ripped black silk out of his pocket and shook his head, hearing her voice reminding him that he owed her more. He dropped his "gift" on the bed and reached in his other pocket. He pulled out the half dozen black pins that had held Kara's hair up the night before. He closed his eyes and could almost feel the silky strands flow over his fingers, could see her standing in front of him, hearing the soft moan as he pulled the pins out and massaged her head lightly.

Shaking the image from his head he put the pins on his dresser, running a finger lightly over each one. Normally his taste ran to the tall, leggy, well-built blondes, but this petite brunette had gotten under his skin and now he had to wonder how he was going to get through the next three and a half weeks without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment