Can Kara achieve her dream? Can Richie help?

Monday, August 3, 2009

Chapter 31

Richie had his suitcase open on the bed and was haphazardly tossing items in. He wanted to have everything ready so he could just grab his bag and go later. He was anxious to get home. He was just heading to the bathroom for his toiletries when his phone rang. Glancing at the window he answered with a smile in his voice. “Hello princess, how are you?”

Kara wished she could reach through the phone and kiss him. “I’m fine. Thank you so much for my gift. It’s beautiful.”

Richie sat down on the bed, “you’re welcome baby. I’m glad you like it. Did you find everything?”

Kara looked down at the box, the underwear still in it. “Yes I did and I have a question.”

“Let me guess, how did I know the size, right?” He knew she was bound to ask. He was just relieved to have gotten it right.

Kara nodded, “that would be the one.”

Richie smiled, “can I just say ‘lucky guess’ and leave it at that?”

Kara sat down, “uh, no, that’s not going to work with me.”

Richie sighed, “I asked one of the salesgirls who looked to be about the same size as you to help me. I guess I really did get lucky.”

Kara chuckled, “not yet you haven’t but you will.”

Richie laughed, “promise?”

Kara sighed, “when do you get back?”

Richie checked his schedule. “We fly out later today and I will be back in LA tomorrow. I should be in New Jersey by Thursday next week.”

To Kara the six days sounded like forever. “Are you staying with your mom when you come or with Jon?”

Richie thought about that for a minute, “that all depends princess.”

“On what?”

Richie laid back on the bed, “on you.” He hoped she understood what he wasn’t saying.

She knew what he was working up to, “Rich, would you like to stay with me while you’re here?”

Richie smiled, “now there’s an offer I can’t refuse. I’d like that very much princess. I’ll let you know when I’ll be there as soon as I know for sure.”

Kara yawned, “okay. Let me know if you need a ride from the airport, I can come pick you up.”

Richie heard the yawn, “I need to finish packing baby. I’m glad you liked your gift and I can’t wait for you to model it for me. I’ll see you in a few days.”

“Okay Rich, have a safe flight. See you soon.” Kara hung up and looked around; there were packing peanuts all over the floor. She scooped them up and threw them in the trash and headed over to her computer.

She read his e-mail again and went through the pictures he sent. They were gorgeous. Kara had never been out of the country before and was glad that he had taken the time to snap some pictures for her. Maybe one day she thought. One day she’d see the world, but for now, she would just have to be glad for the photos.

To: bluesguyatheart@aol.com
From: karad@yahoo.com
Subject: Thank You

I just wanted to thank you again for my gifts. I love them. The robe is gorgeous. I didn’t tell you before but I stripped right down to my white cotton underwear in the kitchen and put it on. It’s the best gift anyone’s ever given me.

To answer your question about a vacation, anywhere warm and sunny where all I have to bring is my bikini and sunscreen sounds perfect to me. And if there is a fine looking young man who will bring me fruity alcoholic beverages with those little paper umbrellas in them while the ocean waves crash at my feet, well that would be even better.

How about you, do you have a favorite vacation spot?

Travel safe and I will see you soon.

xoxo
Kara


Before she sent the e-mail she got her camera out and, setting the camera on a shelf she was able to get a decent shot of herself wearing the kimono. He would just have to wait until he was with her to see the underwear. She attached the picture and hit send.

When they were at cruising altitude, Richie opened his computer. He needed some way to pass the time. As much as they loved playing in Australia, the flight was just endless. He waded through his e-mails, smiling when he saw the one from Kara. He had just read it and clicked on the attachment when Jon sat down next to him.

“You know you’ve become pretty attached to that thing.” Jon motioned to the computer. “You sure you’re not looking at dirty pictures?”

Richie laughed, “no man, just checking my e-mail and trying to pass the time.” He glanced down and gasped, “Jesus.” He tried to close the top before Jon peered over but he wasn’t fast enough.

Jon grabbed the top and lifted it, “you are looking at dirty pictures man.” Jon laughed and as he took a better look he realized that it was Kara. He whistled, “why couldn’t my teachers have looked like that when I was in school? Maybe I would have paid attention.”

Richie chuckled and turned the computer away from his friend’s prying eyes, “just don’t tell her you saw that. She’ll kill me.” He glanced down at the picture again, she was wearing his birthday gift to her and he thanked God that she had kept the robe closed. He wrote her an e-mail as he wondered what she was doing.

Saturday seemed to go on forever for Kara. She was going out to celebrate her birthday with her friends that night, but the hours were just crawling by. She cleaned her apartment, worked out and took her shower and still she had the whole afternoon and evening stretched out in front of her. She thought back to yesterday and how antsy her last class had been, especially Jake.

He couldn’t seem to stand still and he looked at the clock every two minutes. “Jake, what’s going on with you today, do you have ants in your pants?”

Jake laughed, “I can’t wait to get home today.”

Kara smiled at the boy, “why is that?”

Jake beamed at her, “my daddy’s coming home today for two whole weeks!”

Kara chuckled, “I guess that is reason to be excited but let’s try to concentrate for just ten more minutes, okay?”

Jake huffed out a breath, “okay Ms. D’Angelo, I’ll try.”

Kara smiled at the memory. She was excited herself but she had a bit longer wait ahead of her. With a sigh she got up and wandered restlessly. Her laundry, she noticed, had started to pile up so she gathered what she could in a basket and went to the laundry room and started a load. Coming back her gaze landed on her computer what the hell, may as well waste some time. She booted up the machine and checked her e-mail before surfing the web. She smiled when she saw she had one from Richie.

To: karad@yahoo.com
From: bluesguyatheart@aol.com
Subject: Thank You

I’m glad you liked your gift. It looks great on, but I had hoped to see the rest of my gift on you too. Did you know that the pink lotus is for royalty? I thought it fitting for my princess. I can’t wait until I can untie the sash, slide the robe open and feast on the creamy skin hiding behind the blue silk.

I like your description of a perfect vacation spot. Warm sand and sunshine is just my kind of vacation. I’ll take a diet coke though. Do you suppose they would put a paper umbrella in that for me?

Man this is a long flight. Jon keeps pacing the aisle. He doesn’t do well sitting still for very long.

Ah, here they come with beverages and snacks. Take care princess. I’ll see you soon.

Love,
Richie


Kara flushed at the reaction his words alone caused. Thursday couldn’t get here quick enough. She was glad she was going out that night. Being with Jen and her other friends should help keep her mind off of Richie for a while. She hoped. Looking at the clock she sent a reply to Richie, went to retrieve her laundry and got herself ready to meet her friends.

To: bluesguyatheart@aol.com
From: karad@yahoo.com
Subject: Thank You

If I could pick you up at the airport in my new underwear and robe I would, but I guess you will just have to wait until we are safely in my apartment. I did not know that the pink lotus was for royalty. I will have to tuck that little factoid away for future use when playing trivial pursuit against Jen. She hates it when I know stupid shit like that.

A paper umbrella in a diet coke, why not? Stick it in a lemon wedge and you could have a little boat floating right in your drink. I’m sure if you just bat those beautiful brown eyes at the bar girl, you could have anything you wanted. I know I’d give it to you anyway.

Give Jon a valium and strap him in his seat; that will keep him from wandering.

See you Thursday.

xoxo
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment