Can Kara achieve her dream? Can Richie help?

Monday, July 20, 2009

Chapter 16

Kara didn't want to talk about it anymore. Jen was the only one who truly knew what went on and she wanted to keep it that way. No one needed to know what a failure she had been and she didn't want a repeat performance of that time in her life, ever. "Could we talk about something else?"

Richie glanced at her, the turmoil evident on her face.
"Just one more thing and then I'll drop it." For now.

She sighed, "what?"

He set his now empty cup on the table, turned to Kara and took her hand, "sing with me?"

Her eyes widened, "you've got to be kidding."

He stood, "do I look like I'm kidding?" She studied his face, he was dead serious.

"I don't know about this Rich. I'm so not in your league. You have an amazing voice."

He tugged her up off the couch and looked at her in surprise "how do you know I have an amazing voice?"

He moved over to the piano as he waited for her to answer. He looked at her "well?"

Kara was studying the floor, hoping it would open up and swallow her. "I have one of your CDs. I listened to it the night before you took me to dinner the first time."

She looked up to find him smiling, "you surprise me Kara. I didn't think you knew who I was when we first met and you don't act like a fan."

Kara shook her head, "I didn't know, well at least I didn't put it together right away and I'm not a fan. I know some of Bon Jovi's songs, but I don't own any of them. The only reason I have yours is because of my friend Jen. She's been a fan for as long as I've known her."

Richie sat down on the piano bench and ran his fingers over the keys, "which album did she give you?"

Kara moved closer to him, "Stranger in this Town. She gave it to me figuring it would be more to my liking than your other one."

He played a scale, "and?"

Kara smiled softly, "I liked it, a lot."

He slid over a little and patted the spot next to him "have a seat."

"So," she started as she sat down, "what are we going to sing?"

Richie looked at her thoughtfully, "you mentioned a faculty event coming up, what songs will you be singing? I could help you practice."

She smirked, "you want to help me practice singing? Why don't I believe you?"

He batted his eyes at her, "you think I'm lying?"

She rolled her eyes and smiled, "I think you have an ulterior motive, but let's give this a shot."

Kara thought for a minute and let her hands move on the keys. The song was familiar to her; she had been practicing it for a while now. The melody for the Eagles classic Desperado flowed into the room and Richie sat and let her play. He sang the first verse; Kara came in on the second, her voice pure and true. They sang the chorus and finished the song together.

The room still held the echo of the last notes of the song when Kara opened her eyes. She found herself looking into the deep brown of Richie's. "What?" She whispered, not wanting to disturb the mood that had settled around them. He leaned in and captured her mouth with his. He felt something while they sat there singing with her that he hadn't felt before. Something about being there with her had touched him in a way that nothing else ever had. Forgotten for now was the conversation they had been having, the only thing that matter now was the two of them, in that room, at that moment.

As their mouths dueled, Richie pulled Kara off the bench and onto his lap. His hands slid under her top, pushing the cami and sweater up and off all in one fluid motion. His mouth moved down her neck and across her chest, leaving a trail of hot kisses in his wake. Kara's hands slid up his powerful arms and into his hair as his mouth closed over one hardened nipple. Her head dropped back as he moved from one to the other, groaning her delight.

Richie stood with Kara wrapped around him and moved them back to the couch. He set her on her feet and slid her jeans down and off. As he was taking in the sight of her he felt her hands at the button of his pants.

There was not a word spoken as Richie laid Kara down on the couch. He stroked her from shoulder to knee, his touch feather light up the inside of her thigh. When he slid two fingers into her, Kara breathed out his name on a sigh. He rose over her, his lips brushing back and forth over hers as he slid into her, groaning her name as she took every inch of him. He moved in her slowly, urging her closer to release with every slow thrust of his hips and every pass of his mouth on her skin.

Kara's hands played across his skin and he felt her fingers twine into his hair as their mouths met. She tugged his hair gently and let her hands slide down his chest, teasing the hardened male nipples before caressing down and stroking his ass as he moved in and out of her. She shifted her hips and he slid in slightly deeper, finding that spot that drove her over the edge. "Richie" she cried out as the tremors started to overtake her. She shuddered almost violently as the orgasm washed over her, taking him with her, his groan mixing with her cries.

Richie lay down next to her, pulling her close, her head cradled on his chest. Their breathing was slowing returning to normal. He pulled the blanket from the back of the couch, covering them as they lay there, trying to slow their racing heartbeats. "Richie?" His name was a quiet question off her tongue.

He looked down at her, feeling a tear fall onto his chest. "Princess?"

She looked up at him, "that was like nothing I've ever experienced before."

He kissed her forehead, "me either princess, me either." He felt her breathing even out and, looking down, she had fallen asleep. He lay there trying to discern what exactly had come over them. The connection he had felt after they finished the song had carried over into their lovemaking and that was something that hadn't ever happened to him before, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment